Mission & Vision
INFLUENCE. LEADERSHIP. PROTECTION.
We are dedicated to enhancing the professional and commercial interests of our diverse membership, and to protecting the independence of the judiciary and the Bar.
- To improve the law
- To improve the administration of justice
- To improve and promote access to justice
- To promote equality in the legal profession and in the justice system
- To improve and promote the knowledge, skills, ethical standards and well-being of members of the legal profession
- To represent the legal profession nationally and internationally
- To promote the interests of the members of The Canadian Bar Association
We are the essential ally and advocate of the legal profession and guardian of the rule of law in Canada. Our members are passionate about their Association: the good it brings to their lives and to the world. Staff and volunteers are inspired to exceed members’ expectations every day.
MEMBER SERVICES BASED ON MEMBER NEEDS
Lawyers told us what they need—and those needs are consistent across all jurisdictions and demographic groups. As a result, our strategic direction aims to be more member-centric to put your needs at the heart of what we do.
Our goal? To connect lawyers and potential members to the people, knowledge, and skills they need to help them successfully practice law in Canada.